I’m not new to the blogging world. I started blogging years ago, well before I had children, and well before blogging became the new normal. 🙂 After having my son my time became more & more limited. Imagine that.
Before my son was born, I had a “lifestyle” blog known as ImAprilE.com. It wasn’t much, but it was my little section of the internet to use as I saw fit. I blogged about anything that came to mind. It’s still active if you want to take a peek. Be warned though, it was last used during my Twilight (the movie) fetish, 😉 It has some broken links and random coding problems due to not keeping it updated, but you’ll get the idea.
After my son was born I wanted more of a family blog to have a place to chronicle every little milestone, and so I could have a place to document life as a new mom. EFamilyChronicles.com was born. I kept up with it for several months, but then lost the time and interest. This bummed me out.
Now, fast forward over 3 years and I felt the blogging bug return! I moved my blog over from Blogger, which I enjoyed but it had its share of issues, and just like that I’m back! I hope to be able to keep up with it this time. This blog will be theirs someday, so I’m hoping I CAN stick with it.
So, what have the last three years been like? Well, let’s see…
- Near the end of 2013, we moved out of the city for more elbow room, i.e. we moved to the sticks. Worst move EVER. Just the actual move, not the reason to move. We LOVE our new home and the countryside it resides in. Best decision ever.
- Starting raising chickens as a way to get our feet wet in the farming world. LOVE farm fresh, free range eggs.
- Starting raising meat birds. Garage freezer is full of organic whole chickens. Love knowing where my food comes from, or at least my chicken.
- Quit smoking. For good.
- Husband joined the local fire department as a volunteer firefighter.
- Husband was promoted within his department. He’s a Paramedic, and I’m so darn proud of him.
- I left a job I had for over 10 years for many reasons, but none involving the people. I miss the people. A lot.
- Shortly after I started my new job I realized it wasn’t the job for me. Big bummer. Great company. Great people. Just not the right position.
- Found a great opportunity with Microsoft. Opportunity knocked big-time. Then, at the golden hour I was kicked to the curb and left without a job. Biggest bummer ever.
- Landed on my feet after about a month with a great company (still with) and everything is great in the world again.
- Adopted a pet pig. Loved the pet pig (Betsy). Husband didn’t love the pig. Mommy realized the pig wasn’t the best idea. Pig had to go. Thankfully, I found her a great home. Lesson learned.
- Curbed my shopping addiction. Nah.. not really. My “onsite” shopping (living in the city) basically turned into an online shopping addiction (rural living). UPS knows us by name. 😉
- And the best: Obviously we started our family. 3.5 years ago to be exact. My son was born in late 2012, and my daughter just 3 weeks ago. Best two days of my life. They both had very interesting labor stories – More on that in another post.
It’s been a whirlwind 3 years! I certainly can’t fill in every little piece of our lives from the past 3 years, but I will do my best to keep the next 3 years current. And then some.
Stay tuned! And, thanks for stopping by!
~ Mommy E